ALLSTATE DEALER SERVICES PRIVACY STATEMENTEFFECTIVE: July 1, 2020
Your privacy is very important to us. This online Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the privacy practices of Pablo Creek Services, Inc., E.R.J. Insurance Group, Inc. d/b/a American Heritage Insurance Services, and First Colonial Insurance Company, (collectively known as “Allstate Dealer Services”, “we”, or “us”); each of these entities is a member of the Allstate Family of Companies. This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it and the choices you can make regarding your information.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights over your personal information, click here to review those rights.
SUMMARY OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
The following summarizes our Privacy Statement. For more detail, refer to the full Privacy Statement below.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We collect personal information about you in several ways and from several sources including:
- Directly when you buy a service or product from us. Information collected may include name, address and other important identifying information;
- Automatically when you interact with us online. Information collected may include information such as IP address, cookies, browsing history and other device or internet information; and
- From other parties to help us set up, manage, protect or service your account, such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, marketing companies and data providers.
- Provide and maintain your account, services and products;
- Perform analytics and research studies to improve, develop and protect our websites, services and products;
- Protect our business, services, customers, websites or comply with legal requirements.
- Our affiliates;
- Companies that are involved in business transactions;
- Authorized agents;
- Service providers;
- Online and other marketing and advertising partners;
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction; and
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons.
Choice Available to You: You may also have the right to make choices about the use or sharing of your information for marketing purposes and have the right to view or correct your personal information.
State Specific Information - Your Rights as a California resident: As a California resident, you have certain rights including the right to access your personal information and the right to request deletion of your personal information. To learn more about these rights including how to make a request, refer to the full Privacy Statement below.
FULL PRIVACY STATEMENT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect personal and other information about you. Personal information is data that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you. Other information does not and cannot reveal an individual’s identity such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated. The information we collect varies based on what products and services you have with us.
We collect information about you in several ways and from several sources. For example, we collect personal information when you buy a product from us, set up an account with us, or during the quoting, registering, application, or claims handling processes. We collect personal and other information from you when you use one of our websites, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device (“Sites”) such as IP address, browsing history and other internet activity information. We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, marketing companies and data providers.
The following are the categories of personal information that we may have collected and shared for at least the past 12 months, and examples of the personal information that fall into those categories:
|PERSONAL INFORMATION CATEGORIES||EXAMPLES|
|PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS||Name, alias, postal address, email address, or phone number,|
|SERVICE OR PRODUCT RELATED INFORMATION||Policy coverage information, payment history, vehicle identification number, claims history, records of products or services purchased or obtained, bank account or credit card number or other payment or financial information|
|INTERNET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC NETWORK ACTIVITY INFORMATION||Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, and mobile device information including device identifier or other.|
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including:
- Provide and maintain your services and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain your service or products including to set up a service or provide a product, maintain your account, handle a claim, complete a transaction, repair a product or respond to customer service requests or other inquiries.
Improve, develop and analyze our Sites, services and products. We use your personal information and other information to:
We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information about the collection and use of this information, see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies below.
- analyze, improve, develop or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods,
- conduct actuarial or research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers, and
- analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience.
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product or service, account, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email or other available methods such as push notifications.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
- Update or correct our records. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, including publicly-available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that personal information with other personal information we have about you to update our records. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that personal information to update or correct your address information.
- Find locations on request. Your location may be obtained from the mobile device or the network using your device's GPS functionality or directly from you. If you do not want location information used, you can disable the GPS functionality on your mobile device.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our affiliates for business purposes consistent with the uses described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep your information confidential. We do not share your information with persons, companies, or organizations outside of The Allstate Corporation that would use that information to contact you about their products and services. We may share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
We may also share your personal or other information with service providers and other third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- Companies involved in business transactions: We may share your personal information with independent claims adjusters, inspectors, and other claims related companies.
- Authorized agents or brokers: Allstate Dealer Services operates through agents and dealers who sell our services and products on our behalf. We may share your personal information with those agents or brokers to provide you with the services you’ve requested. They may use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including service providers that:
- help complete transactions or handle a claim;
- engage in credit reporting or payment processing;
- provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting and analytics;
- provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
- provide technology services and enhance security, privacy and fraud protections;
- provide data analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies; and
- provide support to our operations.
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities;
- protect our or others safety, rights or property; and
- investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
|Categories of Third Parties|
|Companies involved in insurance and other business transactions||Authorized Agents or Brokers||Service Providers||Third Parties involved in a business transaction||Law enforcement or regulators|
|Categories of Personal Information||Internet or other electronic network activity information||✓||✓|
|Service or product related information||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of and access to of these Sites. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites;
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information; and
- Analytics information collected by us or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users.
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising;
- Identify and contact you across multiple devices;
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Sites;
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities; and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more at https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com about how Adobe does this.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change your browser settings to disable existing cookies, automatically request cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser at this time.
CHOICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
To opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional emails, please email us at ADSCCC@allstate.com or contact us at the following address:Allstate Dealer Services
1776 American Heritage Life Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224
You can opt-out from receiving marketing emails, but we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices.
If you wish to see the data we have about you or need to correct something, please contact us at 1-800-621-4871. In some instances, we might not be able to provide data or make corrections such as in the case of investigations, claims, litigation or other matters.
SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
Links to other company’s websites may be provided on the Allstate Dealer Services Sites as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; Allstate Dealer Services is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site to read the privacy policies or statements of every Website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
If you should have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at 1-800-624-4419.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The date at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.
ALLSTATE DEALER SERVICES LIST OF AFFILIATES
Pablo Creek Services, Inc., E.R.J. Insurance Group, Inc. d/b/a American Heritage Insurance Services, and First Colonial Insurance Company, (collectively known as Allstate Dealer Services); each of these entities is a member of the Allstate family of companies.
STATE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
For California Residents:
California residents have certain rights to access and delete their personal information described in this section, as well as other rights described below.
To better protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide several pieces of information, such as name and other demographic information, which we will only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
To submit an access or deletion request, California residents please go to click here to submit an online request or call us at 1-800-624-4419. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period. Requests from authorized agents must be submitted via the same online portal or toll-free number. To protect your privacy, all consumers will be required to verify their identity directly with us via our online portal or toll-free number.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- the categories of personal information collected;
- the categories of sources from which personal information was collected;
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality;
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation, including compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
California Civil Code section 1798.83 (Shine the Light Law): If you are a California resident, you can opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties by contacting 1-800-621-4871. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please review this Privacy Statement or contact us at ADSCCC@allstate.com.
For Vermont Residents: We won't share your personal information with Allstate companies for marketing purposes except as allowed by Vermont law.